Mbantua Starlight and Bush Dinner Tour
Pick up at 3:00pm- 10:00pm
We drive out along the Western McDonnell Ranges arriving at our magnificent Bush Setting. Have a drink and walk around before dinner as the sun is setting changing the colours of the rock. Dinner will be cooked in a bush oven or BBQ with the beautiful flavours of the Mulga wood burning giving extra flavour to the meal. It will be a delicious 3 course meal and feature some of the flavours of the bush foods. You can learn from Bob some of his cooking style and about the foods of the Aboriginal people. Dinner will be under the Milky Way where we can hear the sounds of the desert. After dinner we will try and spot light the wildlife. The desert comes alive at night. Then travel back to your hotel for the night.
The Mbuntua Tour focuses on Bush food, Aboriginal culture and Dreamtime and how this has been adapted since the White Settlement and the beauty of the land. The tour includes a short walk (2km at an easy pace), bush food demonstration including some sampling. Then enjoy a delicious meal with home baked food in a bush BBQ setting and a relaxed chat about Aboriginal culture and art.
We will be seeing some of the beautiful countryside of the Western McDonnell Ranges.
- FOOD COUNTRY AND CULTURE
- intimate small group touring 4 people to 18 people with Chef / owner operator
- Hotel pick up
- Telegraph station reserve/ The Arrerrnte peoples original meeting place
- Simpsons gap
- Food cooked over fire at unique location in Simpson gap National park
- Bush food sampling including Kangaroo emu wattle seed ,quondong and more
- 3 coarse meal
- Soft drinks and water provided
- No Alcohol provided .you are welcome to bring your own
- Hotel drop off
Cost $210 per person